|CELEBRITY GOSSIP AND TRENDS IN WEIGHT LOSS...
Tips, Rules and Recipes for a Juice (liquid only) Fast:
1. Number One Rule of All Fasting: Find a health practitioner who supports fasting and take her or his advice. If you start to feel bad, weak, no energy see your physician. If they tell you to stop fasting, stop.
We need you alive and well feeling good and healthy!!
2. No dairy. The reason for this is that dairy is difficult to digest and can make fasting uncomfortable and hard on your body. Since this is a rule, there are, of course, exceptions. See tips #3 and #15.
3. At least 20 grams of protein per day. There are many different kinds of protein powder. The most common are soy, rice and whey protein powders. Doesn't whey come from milk? You ask… The answer is yes, but it has no lactose and no milk fat and is
therefore easily digested. Also, it tastes good in fruit smoothies. If you're a vegan, either soy or rice protein will work. Note: Some people have a hard time digesting soy protein
4. Take a multi-vitamin/mineral supplement. You will be getting a lot of nutrients from the juices you make (or buy, but the ones you make taste so-o-o much better - and you know exactly what's in them). But you are radically changing
your diet. I''m not suggesting some mega-pill. Any good multi-vitamin/mineral will do click here.
5. Limit caffeine and alcohol. Both tend to be dehydrating, so they are not recommended. I had a half-cup of coffee the first two days of my fast to avoid caffeine withdrawal headaches.
6. Beware of fruit juice, particularly commercially produced fruit juice. Fruit juice has a lot of sugar (fructose and/or glucose) and it will make you really hungry if you drink it straight. This doesn't mean you shouldn't drink fruit
juice. Here's the caveat: seriously dilute your fruit juice with water - seriously meaning maximum one part juice per four parts water.
But most of your nutrition will come from
7. Lots of vegetable juice. My favorite combinations follow these tips. As much as you want. Within reason, of course.
8. A smoothie in the morning. If you're hungry in the afternoon, have another smoothie and don't forget the protein powder. Recipes below.
9. Fat is your friend. This is an important point, which some fasters forget. You should have at least 3T (a combo of raw Coconut oil and cold pressed oils and essential fatty acids) fat per day. There are several ways to get fat
into your juice fast. One of my favorites is a slice of avocado in your morning smoothie - you don't taste it and it makes the smoothie even smoother.
A flax oil blend is another option click here.
Either put it in your smoothie or drink it straight. (I bet you can guess which I prefer). Fat will assure that you absorb the nutrients you're getting and to keep you from feeling hungry. It also helps remind your body you're not starving, so it doesn't start
trying to store fat. If you do go into starvation mode, you will stop losing weight and feel horrible.
10. Drink some juice every couple of hours or sooner if you fell you need to. Do not try to limit yourself to a certain amount of juice per day. You are already getting far fewer calories than you normally do and each person needs a certain amount of food to
feel good. I found I generally drank about ¾ of a quart of undiluted vegetable juice per day, in addition to my morning smoothie.
11. Potassium broth or a potassium supplement. Either 2 capsules morning and night or drink the broth once a day
12. Drink plenty of water. Most people recommend at least 2 liters per day. I think that if you're diluting your fruit juice with a lot of water, this does count towards your daily water intake.
13. Constipation: It is important that you have regular bowel movements while you're fasting. There's a bunch of different products you can use many different products if you chose... click here
15. Trick Number 15: Even if you have a juicer, I believe it's better for your system to juice only the veggies that are hard to blend and release a lot of liquid - carrots, celery, beets, spinach, lettuce and blend everything
you can in a good blender. You get both the fiber and nutrients from the peel. The added fiber helps with, ahem, elimination.
16. There are a couple of products you may want to consider purchasing before you begin your fast. You do need a powerful blender to make good fruit smoothies. I personally swear by The Magic Bullet (widely available
for about $60 - $48 if you've got one of those 20% discount coupons from Bed Bath and Beyond). You may have seen the unbelievably cheesy infomercial for this product on late-nite t.v. Of course, it doesn't do everything
it claims - it can't chop worth a darn. But it blends like a dream - if you follow the instructions. And the fact that you can make your smoothie in the same glass you use to drink it is convenient and timesaving. The Jack
Leanne Juicer is available at Costco for $87. It is plenty powerful for our purposes and you will save money in the first couple of weeks of fasting. Neither is essential, but they help.
17. If you start to loose too much weight: You're probably not getting as many calories or as much fat as you think you are. Have an avocado a day (or more) for a few days. Another possible addition to your juice is raw
cream. Because it's raw it still has all the digestive enzymes in it and doesn't present the digestive problems some dairy products do. If you don't have trouble with dairy, you may add milk and yogurt or Lactaid Milk you
can buy at your local supermarket, it has the sugars from milk removed. I use a soy creamer by Silk vanilla flavored.
18. Finally: Relax.
Try some visualization click here...
Here's a typical day on a month-long juice/liquid fast. Recipes follow.
• A cup of delicious tea (Some people prefer green or herbal. I didn't find black tea to be detrimental - moderation is the key here). You may have honey and lemon.
• Breakfast when you feel hungry: a fruit smoothie - remember, no dairy.
• Every two hours or so: vegetable juice or heavily diluted fruit juice. I tended to alternate between a tomato based and a spinach based juice.
• All day long: plenty of water - take it with you (Smart Water from Glacial has added electrolytes and Emergen C comes in different flavors and adds nutrients to your water)
• Late afternoon: This was the most difficult time of the day for me. I would make myself a cup of tea and usually, by the time I had finished it, I was back on track.
• Dinner time: more vegetable juice or a smoothie if you're hungry
• Evening: An herbal tea.
Chamomile will help you fall asleep
1. A flax oil blend, olive oil or coconut oil (preferably raw) can be substituted for avocado in any of these recipes.
2. Frozen fruit works fine in the smoothies.
• Morning Smoothies
Very Merry Berry
½ - ¾ C.
berries (any combination - I like blue and straw)
1/3 Banana - you can add more, but remember, they have lots of sugar
2 scoops whey (or other) protein powder - 20 grams
1/3 - ½ juice (I like a combination of orange and Pom - pomegranate)
4 - 5 cubes ice
Blend until smooth
½ - ¾ C.
pineapple and mango
2 scoops whey powder
1/3 - ½ C.
4 - 5 cubes ice
Blend until smooth
• Veggie Juices and Smoothies
1 medium tomato
1 cucumber, peeled and seeded - use whole Japanese cuke
¼ small white onion
½ - 1 serrano chile (optional - depends on how hot you like it)
1 small or ½ large red or orange bell pepper - cored and seeded
½ - ¾ t.
Blend together, then strain everything except the avocado
Add avocado and re-blend
Gazpacho can be diluted and is delicious over ice - use small pieces.
bell pepper juice
Avocado - as much or as little as you like
Make your juices, then blend all ingredients together
Makes 1 quart - Dilute if you wish
• Potassium Broth
For a 2 day supply, cover with water in a soup pot, approximately
3 to 4 Carrots,
3 Stalks Celery
2 turnips or beets with skin, halved
2 Red potatoes with skins (omit if you're carbo sensitive)
1/2 Head Red Cabbage
Simmer, covered, 30 minutes or so
Strain and discard solids.
Optional: Add 2 t. Bragg's Liquid Aminos or 1 t.
miso for taste
Store covered in the fridge
Clear liquid (or clear juice) fasting: Clear vegetable and fruit juices only. This type of fast is more rigorous than the liquid fast above and less than a water-only fast. See possible side effects below.
Tips and Preparation for a Water Fast: Maximum water fast - 21 days
Water fasting is not recommended if you must take medication. You may do a juice fast (above), as the juice will protect the stomach.
1.Preparing for a water fast:
Raw fruit and vegetable juices only for three or four days preceding the fast.
Drink at least 2 liters of water per day, more if you're in a hot climate. Dehydration is your worst enemy. Add ¼ - ½ t. salt per liter of water. Smart Water by Glaceau has added electrolytes.
3.Rest: You will feel weaker than normal after several days of fasting
Potential (and usually minor) side effects and how to cope with them:
• Hunger: Most are surprised by the disappearance of hunger after a few days of fasting.
• Weakness: Water fasting will result in weakness and lack of energy. There can even be dips in stamina during a juice fast if you have a high metabolism. Your expectations should be adjusted when planning a fast. Give
yourself lots of down time; enjoy the holiday away from the hustle and bustle.
• Backaches: Back pain can increase due to toxins in the lower intestine. Blood vessels that draw nutrients from the colon are very close to the nerves of the spine. Back pain will often decrease after elimination of the
toxins. Back exercises can also relieve some pain. A cold pack also will help.
• Bad Breath: Brushing the tongue with a toothbrush and using dental floss and rinsing with mouthwash will reduce bad breath. Rinse your mouth with plain water or water mixed with lemon juice to relieve these
• Mouth Cankers: To stop cankers, gargle with sea salt mixed with water several times daily. Dabbing the sore with tea tree oil or vitamin E quickens the healing process.
• Colds and other viruses: Mucous is the perfect food for viruses. Toxins weaken the immune system. When large quantities of toxins and mucus are in the blood due to a fast, they can cause susceptibility to colds. To
fight a cold, continue fasting to eliminate mucus. Increase intake of citrus juices.
• Dizziness and/or Blackouts: During fasting the body conserves energy. The heart pumps slower and blood pressure lowers. Standing or moving quickly from a resting position will cause the blood to flow to the legs,
causing dizziness. To stop blackouts get down on one knee or sit. Lowering your center of gravity will instantly stop a blackout. Blackouts are more frequent during water fasting.
• Diarrhea: Fruit juices have a laxative effect which is more pronounced after water fasting. Diarrhea early on is a normal.
• Constipation: It is important that you have regular bowel movements while you're fasting… try to get those flax seeds in like I said above!!
• Headaches: Toxins can cause muscle tightness in the neck and shoulders. This can result in tension headaches. Massaging the neck and shoulders will help relieve the tension.
• Muscle Tightness: A self-massage, hot baths, stretching and exercising will help to release the toxins.
• Nausea: Drinking water or carrot juice will dilute the bile and toxin mixture, helping to flush bile and toxins from the system.
• Nervousness: Light exercise will help relieve this.
• Skin Reactions: People with problem-free skin may have a few days of pimples or boils. As the fast progresses, the skin will be healthy, soft and unblemished.
• Tiredness: Sleepiness is normal during water or restricted juice fasting. Very few people receive enough rest, so enjoy the extra sleep; it may be as healing and rejuvenating as the fast itself.
• Feeling Cold: You may be more susceptible to cold, since the body has a harder time keeping warm and trying to conserve energy at the same time.
• Insomnia: Be sure to nap during the day if your sleep at night is lighter.
Breaking the Fast:
1. Don't hurry - this is the hardest part - your body has adjusted to a liquid only diet and will need some time to readjust. It's a good idea to start preparing mentally before the day you've chosen to break the fast - it is not a
good idea to break the fast with potato chips.
2. Digestive enzymes – Putting your enzymes into action is key… They say digestive enzymes can keep you thinner for life..
3.Small quantities at first!
4. Veggie Soup: You now get to eat all those yummy veggies you've been juicing and/or grinding up. You can use any high-water-content veggies. The same ones in the potassium broth are fine. You can
also add broccoli or other veggies you love.
5. On the third day, introduce salad. Your first salad should be any lettuce other than iceberg, sprouts, grated carrots and grated beets with light oil and vinegar dressing.
6. When you're ready to introduce grains: Soak quinoa, millet, amaranth or brown rice for 8 hours, then cook normally. Soaking the grain will sprout it and get rid of phyto-acid - the grain enzyme which
7. Slowly re-introduce non-powder proteins. Start with lower saturated fat proteins first.
8. When breaking a fast longer than 10 days: The break-in period should be extended one day for every 4 days of fasting.
9. BE GENTLE WITH YOUR BODY.
IT'S BEEN WORKING HARD!!
Remember - Number One Rule of All Fasting - Find a health practitioner who supports fasting and take her advice. If you start to feel bad, weak, no energy - see her or your physician. If she tells you to
stop fasting, stop.
We need you alive and well fellow Prothinspoer!!!
|The tools and information on the this site are intended as an aid to weight loss and weight maintenance, and do not offer
medical advice. If you suffer from, or think you may suffer from, a medical condition you should consult your doctor before
starting a weight loss and/or exercise regime. If you decide to start exercising after a period of relative inactivity you should
start very slowly and consult your doctor if you experience any discomfort, distress or any other symptoms. If you feel any
discomfort or pain when you exercise, do not continue.
The tools and information on the this site are not intended for women who
are pregnant or breast-feeding, or for any person under the age of 18.
© 2010 to date Prothinspo, Pro-Thinspo llc.com, Prothinspo.com and Prothinsposhop.com All rights reserved.
"PROTHINSPO" is a trademark of Prothinspo Incorporated. All rights reserved.
All content on this website should be considered for entertainment purposes.
People ask me everyday what was the strongest product that I have taken to lose weight the fastest. I took Prothinspo's Hydroxylim/ Diet
Slim...I chose this product because of two studies.... The first studied showed a more rapid and effective weight loss than other diet
products.This study set out to determine the efficacy of a calcium/potassium salt of 60% HCA extract from Garcinia cambogia alone and
in combination with niacin-bound chromium and a standardized Gymnema Sylvestre Extract on weight-loss parameters in human
volunteers. I know blah blah, but In a double-blind fashion, 60 moderately obese individuals were randomly assigned to three groups.
Group 1 received just calcium/potassium salt of 60% HCA extract from Garcinia cambogia.
Group 2 received the Garcinia cambogia extract, chromium polynicotinate, and Gymnema sylvestre extract.
Group 3 received a placebo. All subjects received a 2000 kcal/day diet, participated in supervised walking five times per week, and took
their assigned test supplements 3 times daily, 30 to 60 minutes before meals.
Test measurements were then performed throughout the study, evaluating changes in bodyweight, body mass index (BMI), appetite,
blood lipids, and markers of fat oxidation.
After 8 weeks, Group 1 lost an average of 10 pounds, Group 2 lost 12.54 pounds, and the placebo group lost 3.53 pounds. At 8 weeks, both
Group 1 and 2 were found to have lost significantly more weight than the placebo group. A reduction in appetite was also demonstrated in
both Group 1 and 2. In addition, both Group 1 and 2 showed a significant increase in indicators of fat breakdown. It was concluded that
supplementation with the combination of (-)– hydroxycitric acid (HCA-SX), niacin-bound chromium, and Gymnema Sylvestre Extract can
help people with weight management. Very Cool Huh? So there is more...
The next study was an 8 week study....In this 8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled human trial, 30 moderately obese
subjects were divided into three groups. Group 1 received just the calcium/potassium salt of 60% HCA extract from Garcinia cambogia.
Group 2 received Garcinia cambogia extract, chromium polynicotinate, and Gymnema sylvestre extract. Group 3 received a placebo. All
subjects were placed on a 2000 kcal/day diet; ingested the assigned test supplements 3 times daily, 30 to 60 minutes prior to meals; and
participated in supervised walking five times per week. At the end of 8 weeks, Group 1 lost, on average, 12.1 pounds. Group 2 lost, on
average, 14.99 pounds. Group 3 lost, on average, 3.06 pounds. At the end of the study period, weight-loss values in both Group 1 and
Group 2 were significantly greater than in the placebo group. Moreover, the placebo group showed a slight increase in food consumption,
while the HCA groups both showed a significant reduction in appetite compared to placebo. Based on the results from this study, it was
concluded that the unique HCA extract used in this trial, either alone or in combination with Gymnema Sylvestre Extract and niacin-bound
chromium, is effective in helping control appetite, increase fat oxidation, and promote weight loss.
Aftter reading both of the studies and actually using this product
I am proud to sell it on my site...
Please try this product for yourself if you are looking to lose weight 65% faster, click here.